ROASTED PUMPKIN SOUP
• 1 x 2kg whole butternut pumpkin
• 1 onion
• Olive oil, for drizzling
• Sea salt
• 3½ cups (875ml) chicken stock
• 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
• 1 tablespoon honey
• sour cream, to serve
Can also add a few roasted carrots to make it go a little bit further.
1. 1Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
2. 2Cut the pumpkin in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds.
3. 3Place the pumpkin, cut-side up, and onion on a baking tray.
4. 4Drizzle with a little oil and sprinkle with salt.
5. 5Bake for 55–60 minutes or until the pumpkin is just soft and starting to brown. Scoop the pumpkin out of the skin into a blender.
6. 6Scoop the onion flesh away from its skin and add to the blender.
7. 7Add 1 cup (250ml) of the chicken stock and blend until smooth.
8. 8Pour the mixture into a saucepan, add remaining stock, cream and honey.
9. 9Place over medium heat until soup is heated through.
10. 10Serve with sour cream.