Easy Butter Chicken
Prep time:10 minutes
Cook time:4-4½ hours slow cooker or 1¼-1½ hours oven
• 8 Tegel chicken drumsticks
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1 tsp coriander
• 1 Tbsp Wattie’s Tomato Paste
• 2 onions, cut into quarters
• 535g can Wattie’s Just Add Butter Chicken Simmer Sauce
• 1/4 cup cream (optional)
• toasted cashew nuts (optional), to serve
1. Preheat the slow cooker. Remove the skin from the Tegel chicken drumsticks .
2. In a small bowl mix together the cumin, coriander and Wattie’s Tomato Paste . Rub the spice paste into the chicken.
3. Put the onions into the slow cooker and place the chicken on top. Pour over Wattie’s Just Add Butter Chicken Simmer Sauce . Cover. Cook on low for 4-4½ hours. Stir through cream just before serving if wished. Season to taste. Serve with rice and seasonal vegetables. Garnish with toasted cashew nuts if desired.
To oven cook:
Prepare as for the slow cooker method but place chicken and onions in an ovenproof dish. Pour over sauce. Cover and cook in a preheated 160°C oven for 1¼-1½ hours, until chicken is tender. Serve as for the slow cooker recipe.